Planning on doing some holiday baking or making pancakes or cinnamon buns on Christmas morning? We have a way to make these yummy dishes healthier: use flax eggs instead of regular ones!
For those of us who are vegan, have high cholesterol, or perhaps just simply don’t have enough eggs to bake with, we have a surprise for you: you can make an “egg” with Omega3NutraCleanse®!
Nope—we’re not crazy. Eggs are binders, and when we use eggs in holiday baking, we do it to bind the ingredients together so that our food turns out the way we want it to: delicious.
There are typically two ways to make eggs with water. One involves chia seeds, and one involves ground flax seeds. Guess what Omega3NutraCleanse® is made of? That’s right—over 90% of the ingredients is ground flax!
Here’s how to make flax eggs:
- 1 tbsp. Omega3NutraCleanse® (or ground flax seeds)
- 3 tbsp. Water
- Combine binder of choice and water.
- Stir together well, then set aside for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir once more, then add to baking in place of egg.
Vegan Banana Walnut Pancakes: makes 4 large
- 1¼ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. NutraCleanse
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup banana slices
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Whisk together non-dairy milk, mashed banana, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Combine Omega3NutraCleanse® and water in small bowl to make your flax eggs, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Stir the Omega3NutraCleanse® mixture once more, then add to the wet mixture.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet, and mix until just combined.
- Melt coconut oil in a non-stick pan (I use ceramic) over medium heat.
- Add about a half cup of the batter into the pan.
- Flip once bubbles have formed and popped (approximately 2–3 minutes per side).
- Top with fresh banana, walnuts, and syrup.
These pancakes are super easy and yummy to whip up for Christmas morning, and they’ll give your family a healthy head start to the day–because we all know Christmas day is full of indulgence!
Happy holidays, friends! Let us know if we can help you with any other holiday baking recipe ideas by leaving a comment below.