Looking for a healthy, high-fibre, kid-friendly recipe that you can send to school with your kids?
fibre is SO important to one’s health. It’s essential to help keep digestive issues at bay, and is directly related to lowered blood pressure and lowered blood sugar. fibre keeps your body regular, and plays an important role in digestive health and wellness.
Aside from raw and steamed fruits and vegetables, whole grains are a great addition to any child’s diet. (And yours!)
If you feel as though your child’s diet is lacking in fibre, Omega3NutraCleanse® is a great supplement. It’s made with only five ingredients, and is incredibly high in not only fibre, but also vitamins and antioxidants.
And that’s where this yummy, high-fibre recipe comes in.
Finding a great recipe that’s healthy, fibre-rich, and nut-free is hard. So when you do find one, you have to get your kids on board! If the muffins aren’t sweet enough for your children, you can add semi-sweet chocolate chips to make them pack more kiddie punch.
So what are you waiting for? Start grating that zucchini, and away you go!
High-fibre Chocolate Zucchini Muffins with Omega3NutraCleanse®
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Omega3NutraCleanse®
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine chia seeds and water, stir well, and set aside on your counter.
- Measure the next 8 ingredients into a large bowl. Mix well, and set aside.
- Transfer the chia seed mixture to a medium-sized bowl. (It should have a gelatinous consistency.)
- Add in the apple sauce, sugar, zucchini and milk. Mix well.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, and stir until just combined. Add chocolate chips. (Optional)
- Grease muffin tins with coconut oil.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full, and bake for 15-17 minutes.